Here is the working solution to Fetrotech tool (both silver and black edition) software crashes or taskbar disappear problems.
Download Win11 64bit operating system and "One-click backup and restore" tool
Windows 11 system activation tool
NOTE: Don't put these files on Disk C. Put them on D/E/F or into a U disk.
Here we put these files on Disk D.
1). Before reinstalling the system, you need to close the anti-virus software, otherwise the "One-click backup and restore tool" will not work.
2). Before reinstalling the system, please back up important files on the C drive (the C drive will be formatted and deleted after the system is reinstalled)
3). This approach requires reinstalling the operating system, if don't want to reinstall system, try solutions here and here.
1. Open the "One-key backup and restore" tool, select the first "One-key reinstall system" menu, and then select the win11 64bit system package to open, as the following figure shows.
2. Restart the computer and decompress the system package, and then install the system automatically (Please plug in the computer, do not operate the computer during the installation process, please wait 10-25 minutes)
3. After the system is installed, activate the Windows 11 system
4. Go to the official website (www.tuner-box.com) to download the Fetrotech Tool software, and then run the installation.
5. After installing the software, open it, copy the ID and serial number of the device according to the prompt,"Ctrl + V" and send it to the seller for activation
6. The iecutool.com returns the two activation files "Fetrotech tool" and "Fetrotech Tool ok3.5.licesne", and then copy them to the corresponding directory, as the figure shows below:
Cut and paste Fetrotech Tool license file to disk C://
Cut and paste Fetrotech Tool ok3.5 license file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Fetrotech folder
7. Connect the fetrotech device to open the software (if an error occurs, please reinstall the software)